The W. T. Bland Public Library will host a series of extraordinary programs April – June 2014.
• Literary Tea with Jane Austen – Thursday, April 17 at 2:00 p.m. Tickets are $5.00 and limited to 50 people. This is our programming for National Library Week. Learn about the society – tea, fashion, games,etc that helped to shape Jane Austen and her works.
• Spring Used Book and Paperback Sale – Saturday, April 26 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Special Preview sale on Friday, April 25 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00.p.m. for members of the Friends of the Library. Membership may be purchased at the door. Sponsored by the Friends of the Library, Mount Dora.
• Share Your Historic Photos – Friday, April 25 –and Saturday April 26 – from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Asking Mount Dora residents to share their historic photos of their houses and local events. Photos and documents will be scanned. This is a partnership of the Mount Dora Historical Society and the W. T. Bland Public Library.
• Butterfly Release and Plant Sale – Saturday, May 3, starting at 10:00 a.m. – there will be a program on butterflies, a butterfly release, butterfly plants will be available for purchase and there will be a children’s craft program with refreshments. All monies raised will be used to maintain the Nunan Butterfly Garden. Sponsored by the Mount Dora Library Association.
• Adult Summer Reading Program – the months of June and July – read to win – Grand Prize – Kindle Fire plus weekly prize drawings. Simply read a book or listen to a book on cd and enter your name – once daily. Must be age 18 or older.