EXCUSE OUR DUST!! – Yes it has finally happened – construction has started on the expansion & renovation of our Library. The project is estimated to take between 8 and 10 months. Our goal is to keep the Library open our regular hours with our usual programming but it will be noisy and dusty at times. So what are adding or renovating:
• Children’s Story Time Room - seating up to 100
• Larger Community Room – seating 150 or divided into 2 rooms
• Friends of the Library Bookstore
• Archive/Special Collections Room
• Additional parking spaces
• Computer Lab
• Separate area for Young Adults
• 3 Study rooms - 2- 3 people
READ TO WIN THIS SUMMER –(all ages from 5 years and up) Must check out books, including audio books with your own library card. Ask for entry form at Circulation. Limited to once daily.
• Juvenile (ages 5 to 11) – there will be fun filled book bucket – there are 6-one a week for 6 weeks
• Young Adult (ages12 to 18) – chance to win an Amazon Kindle with Wi-Fi
• Adults (age 19 and up) – chance to win an Amazon Kindle with Wi-Fi.
Special thanks to the Mount Dora Library Association for underwriting the Amazon Kindles for the adults and young adults and to the Friends of the Library for underwriting the 6 book buckets for children.
SUMMER READING PROGRAM – started Monday, June 20 for ages 5 and up. There is a special summer reading program for 6 weeks for all age groups – Children (One World, Many Stories) Young Adult (You Are Here) and Adults (Novel Destinations). Stop by the Library and pick up a brochure with all the information. Thanks to the generosity of the Friends of the Library we have a fun filled 6 week summer reading program for children and young adults.