We have finished up our holiday programming and we were very successful. Our next big event is the East Lake County Library's Bluegrass Festival. We are in the process of lining up this year's acts, so stay tuned to the Library System's webpage for updates or feel free to call the library. The date and time for the event is Saturday March 13 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. As usual we will have the Friends of the Library Book/Bake Sale, raffle and community yard sale. There will be food, music and fun, etc. for everyone. We will also have the Master Gardener Mobile Plant Clinic van with Lake County Residential Horticulture Agent, Charles Fedunak.
Upcoming events at the library include the following:
- Census Testing from 2 to 4 p.m. on Jan. 5, 12, 19, February 2, 9, 16 and 23. On Feburary 26th, testing will be from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Low Cost Vet Clinic for cats, dogs and horses from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on January 16th. The service is provided by Dr. David Malone.
- East Lake Historical Society from 6 to 8 p.m. on January 11th, February 8th and March 8th
- Palm Writers (Writer's Group) from 6:30 to 8 p.m. on Jan. 25, Feb. 22 and March 15
- Annual Friends of the Library Meeting (Open to All), February 23 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Disney's Give a Day, Get a Day. "Create a Book" volunteer program. March 6 from 1 to 3 p.m.
We all hope that you come to all of our events. Please contact us for further details.