Cooper Memorial Library would like to offer some useful tips to help patrons navigate through our new catalog system. We hope these tips will make it easier for everyone to get comfortable with using the new software. Here are our most popular and helpful hints:
HOW TO PUT A BOOK ON HOLD
- At our website (www.mylakelibrary.org), click “Catalog” located near the top of the page.
- Enter your library card number (no spaces), and your PIN. Click on Login.
*If you do not know your PIN, contact your library*
- Click “Log In”
- You may now search for an item by title, author, or subject. You may also further limit your search by DVD/video, etc. by using “Power/Advanced Search”.
- A search results list will now appear. From this screen you will be able to place a hold.
- Click “Place Hold” (on the left hand side of the page) on the item you have selected.
- From the drop-down menu (click on the box), choose the library from which you want to pick up the item. If you are already logged in, the pickup location will default to your library.
- You can leave blank the suspension date boxes, or you may enter a date which you will not be available to pick up the book/item you have placed on hold.
For example, if you are going to be on vacation and unable to receive the book/item
Click “Place Hold” (near the center of the page).
- Your screen will show your item has been placed on hold.
- Return to searching or or click on log out.
- At our website (www.mylakelibrary.org), click “Catalog” located at the top of the page.
- Enter your library card number (no spaces) and your pin. Click on Login.
- Click on My Account. Then click on “Renew My Materials”
- Click on “List Charged Items”
- Select the items you would like renewed.
- Click on “Renew Selected Items”
- Your screen will show your item has been renewed.
Items must be renewed by their due date – If you are unable to renew, contact your library